Medicare & Medicare Supplement Plans
Serving Sacramento, Auburn, Roseville, Rocklin, Placerville and Surrounding Areas in California
Medicare & Medicare Supplement Plan Information
What Is Medicare?
Medicare is the federal health insurance program established in 1966 for people who are 65 or older, and certain younger people 64 and under with disabilities.
You have 2 options for your medical and hospital benefits.
Medicare is a fee-for-service health care program for seniors, in which the government pays health care providers directly for services that fall under Parts A and B of Medicare benefits (see below).
- Medicare Advantage (Part C).
This is an option in which you have to assign your Medicare benefits (A and B) to be managed by a private insurance company.
What Does Medicare Cover?
- Part A (Hospital Insurance): This covers most medically necessary hospital, skilled nursing facility, home health, and hospice care. It is free if you have worked and paid Social Security taxes for at least 40 calendar quarters (10 years); you will pay a monthly premium if you have worked and paid taxes for less time.
- Part B (Medical Insurance): This covers most medically necessary doctors' services, preventive care, durable medical equipment, hospital outpatient services, laboratory tests, x-rays, mental health care, and some home health and ambulance services. You pay a monthly premium for this coverage.
- Part C: This is the part of Medicare policy that allows you to assign your part A and B to private health insurance companies to provide Medicare benefits. These Medicare private health plans — such as HMOs and PPOs — are known as Advantage Plans. You are likely to pay a monthly premium in addition to the premium paid for Part B.
- Part D (Prescriptions): You must choose Part D coverage that works with your Medicare health benefits. If you have Original Medicare, choose a stand-alone Part D plan.
Why Do You Need A Medicare Supplement?
Medicare Supplements are meant to cover what's left after Medicare Part A and B has paid its part.
For example, after a hospital stay, you will be responsible for a deductible of at least $1260.00 and 20 to 35 percent of doctors care, testing, treatments, surgeries, outpatient therapy, durable medical equipment.
Add 20% of the bill for recovery time with therapy and your doctor and specialists visits.
Medicare supplement insurance like plan F are designed to cover 100% of your part of the bill.
That's why you will need a Medicare Supplement.
Thank You For Your Interest In Conley & Conley Insurance Solutions
To begin your quote, use one of our quote forms above.
When you would like to talk to one of our insurance professionals, call our office at 888.802.0003.